Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Fish Francaise with Roasted Broccoli and Beets and So Long, for Now...



Two years ago I started Just for Cooking as a way for me to create enough recipes to write a cookbook.  To date, I am proud to say I have 275 online plus a handful on Cafe Cheapo.  You can check those recipes out by clicking on the tab above.

It is with mixed feelings that I tell you that this is going to be my last post -- at least for now. I am not saying goodbye.  I have other endeavors which I would like to pursue (including writing that cookbook).  Anyone who has a blog knows that you spend too many late nights cleaning up issues and formatting and fixing photos.  At the same time, it can be very rewarding as I've met so many nice people.

You can still reference these recipes online.   I am no longer going to be accepting comments.  If I feel that there is something that I want to share with you, I'll be back... maybe sooner than later... who know?

Here we go!

When I think of Florida, I think of shellfish, grouper and Mahi Mahi.  The fish that lend themselves to Key West flavors.  In the fall, I think of cold water fish, such as cod or haddock.  I used haddock in this recipe, and I just know if you are a fish lover, you're going to love this as it's super easy!

I took a little help from the store here.  I just love these Gia Russa Simmer Sauces.  I did have a coupon but not because they asked me to promote it... full disclosure here on JFC! 
So, let's get down to business here tonight:

Serves 2:

Ingredients:

For the Beets and Broccoli -

1 large beet, peeled and sliced
2 cups broccoli florets
Sea Salt, to taste
Freshly ground pepper, to taste

For the Fish -

2 fresh haddock fillets - skin on (about 6-8 ounces each)
1 large egg, beaten
2/3 cup All Purpose flour
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 tsp, seafood seasoning, divided
3 springs fresh tarragon, plus more for finishing
1 tsp. capers, drained and rinsed

Other:

2 tbs. Canola Oil
1 tbs. Butter
Gia Russa Simmer Sauce, Francaise flavor (one cup)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.



Add the beet, broccoli, salt and pepper to a cookie sheet.  Drizzle with one tablespoon of the canola oil (see other ingredients).  Toss with hands.

Bake for about 30 minutes until the beets are tender.



Dredge the fish in the egg and flour seasoned with the black pepper and the seafood seasoning.  

Add one tablespoon of Canola oil to a pan.  Heat to high and cook the fish for approximately three minutes each side until lightly browned.  Add the butter along with the tarragon and the capers.   Carefully remove the fish to a plate and keep warm.  Add the Francaise sauce to the pan and warm through on low heat.



Serve sauce over fish.

I do appreciate all of you who read my blog over the last two years. I hope you will wish me the best as I wish you the best in your life's journey.

I hope you will look for my cookbook out there!   As I often say, I'll see you soon!