Sunday, November 11, 2012

Jalapeño Spanish Rice with Corn





We can all use easy side dishes.   I have been asked to post more of them on this blog.   This one takes a little help from the store.  All I did was add in a few things and it's delicious.  Sometimes we are so fried from work that don't think of the obvious.  That is why I am sharing this recipe with you. 

Ingredients:

1 box Rice-A -Roni Spanish Rice ® mix (6.8 oz)
2 tbs. butter
1 tbs. vegetable oil
1/2 medium Jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
1 can tomato sauce (8 oz.)
2 cups cold water
1 can corn, drained (15 oz)

Directions:

In a large non-stick skillet, add the rice and vermicelli mix to the pan along with the butter and the oil.  Add in the Jalapeño pepper,  Heat until golden brown.

Stir in the tomato sauce, the water (slowly) and the corn.  Bring to boil and reduce to simmer.

Cover and simmer over a low heat for about 15 - 20 minutes.  Let rice rest about five minutes before serving.

Enjoy.

I have been very busy lately with other things but I promise I'll be stepping these blog posts up again very soon.  Thanks for reading!

No comments: