Monday, November 19, 2012

Muddy Martini



I don't post too many cocktails.  I am not a big cocktail drinker.  I like my wine on occasion and Dan (hubby) and I have gotten into beer tasting a few times a month.



Dan and me making the "Club" at World of Beer (WOB) in Clermont, FL
Photo used with permission.

In fact, I have only posted one other cocktail since I started this blog.  http://welcometojustforcooking.blogspot.com/2011/12/holiday-entertaining-tip-3-create.html

My "Muddy Martini" is a delicious take on a traditional "dirty martini."  Served over crushed ice, it's great for sipping before a dinner party.  I think the color of the drink also looks great on a fall table.  And the combination of the lime and the hot sauce makes you want to go, what's in there?  It's tangy but smooth; spicy but only a little.

Here is what you need (per drink)

2 shots good quality vodka
3 or four shakes of your favorite hot sauce (more to taste)
Juice of 1/2 lime
1 tbs. black olive juice
4 black olives




Add ice cubes to a cocktail shaker.   Add all ingredients.  Shake well.  Pour over crushed ice and top with four black olives.

Cheers!

Next up;  Linguine with hot sausage and clams!  Yum!

I'll see you soon!

No comments: