Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Orange Roughy with Shrimp Sauce


Orange Roughy with Shrimp Sauce

I was watching the local news this weekend and as they often do, they visited an Orlando restaurant.  The chef made his version of fish with a seafood sauce.  I didn't have any bay scallops so I created my own version using just chopped shrimp.  I also added wine and a few more herbs than the chef called for in his creation.

I suggest using mint infused wine.  All I did was take 2/3 cup of white wine and add mint leaves. I let the mint flavor "infuse" into the wine in a sealed container for a few days.  If you don't have time to do that, just use dry white wine or non-alcoholic wine if you prefer. 

Serves 2

Ingredients

cooking spray
2 tablespoons butter, divided
2 Orange Roughy fillets, 6 ounces each
Cajun seasoning, to taste
12 medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped chives
2/3 cup mint infused wine (see comment above)
Chopped dill
Lemon wedges

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray baking pan with cooking spray.  Melt one tablespoon of butter and coat the bottom of the pan.




Add fish to pan.  Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning.

Bake for twenty minutes.

Add oil to pan on stove. Add shrimp and sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. Add butter and chives. Once butter is melted, add the wine.




Top the fish with the shrimp sauce and return to oven for three or four minutes until shrimp are cooked.  Do not over-cook as shrimp will become tough.




Top with fresh dill.  Serve with a lemon wedge.



4 comments:

Christine's Pantry said...

I love fish, but never had orange roughly. This looks good.

TinaRBK said...

This does look tasty. I like seafood prepared as a combo and the roughy with the shrimp is a good one. Also the dill with the cajun seasoning is unique, but well worth a try-yum!
Also, as an FYI, I will be posting shortly with a link to your blog today.

SCK Recipes said...

OMGoodness!!! You're making me so hungry with this dish =)) I am definitely going to try it - hopefully this weekend!!! Thanks for sharing and have a great day =))

easyfoodsmith said...

I love the simplicity of this dish where all the elements of the dish can speak for themselves. Lovely flavours...delicious post.