Thursday, February 16, 2012

Tangy French Dressing



Tangy French Dressing
over Crisp Iceberg Lettuce


When I think about French dressing, I think about that orange stuff that we used to like as kids.  I do purchase some bottled dressings.   However, I like to make it fresh when I can because I know what is in there.

This dressing is so simple to make.  All you need is a little chilled iceberg lettuce and you've got a spectacular side dish for chicken or fish. 

I like to serve this when we have our occasional splurge; that is fried chicken from our local supermarket.  This dressing over iceberg is lighter than the usual sides you might eat with fried chicken, so we are saving calories. 

With no further adieu, I bring to you -

Tangy French Dressing

Makes about one cup of dressing.

1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 cup Soybean (Vegetable) Oil
3 tablespoons Chili Sauce (recommend Heinz)*
3 tablespoons Honey
1 tablespoon dried Tarragon
1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 teaspoon Paprika (regular)

Add all ingredients to a jar or a dressing container.  Close lid tightly.  Shake vigorously for about one minute until the dressing is combined...

I mean the jar, not your booty.  Okay, go ahead and shake your booty, too!  ;.)





Serve over crisp, cold greens.

*Recipe was tested with this brand.   Not an endorsement and no product was supplied to blogger.

Leftover dressing can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.

Fun side note:  Okay, so Blogger spell check includes the word booty but not penne or filet?  I need to give the good folks at Google a buzz.  ;.)

Have a great weekend, everyone!  Live, love, and may you enjoy great blessings.

4 comments:

Jen @ Juanita's Cocina said...

Oh my. This looks aaaaamazing!

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

thanks for this recipe!

Karen Harris said...

I have bought bottled dressing in years. It is just so easy to make your own. Thanks so much for this recipe. I'll have to add it to my dressing recipes.

Unknown said...

Karen, you are my hero! Make it fresh when you can!