Saturday, February 25, 2012

Saturday Night Potatoes



Saturday Night Potatoes

These creamy on the inside, crispy on the outside potatoes are great with  simple grilled foods or when you don't want to spend a lot of energy cooking on the weekends.  That is why I call these "Saturday Night Potatoes."  You can pop them into the oven, set the timer, and go relax with a cool drink or a glass of wine while they are roasting.

When I make these potatoes for guests, people often ask me, "What do you do to these?"  They are shocked when I give up this super simple recipe.  It's the two-temperature roasting method that makes this side dish so special.




Ingredients:

  • 1 pound red potatoes, quartered (larger potatoes cut into eight pieces)
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon dill weed
  • Sea salt, to taste

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Coat sliced potatoes with oil and dill by tossing with your hands.  Spread out evenly on baking sheet. 

Bake for 1/2 hour. 

Lower heat to 350 degrees.  Do not remove potatoes from oven while temperature is coming down.  Continue baking for another 20 minutes until potatoes begin to crisp up on the outside.

Remove from oven and sprinkle immediately with salt.




Yeah, it's that easy. 

I'll see you next week!

1 comment:

TinaRBK said...

Roasted potatoes are always welcome here, especially since I think my husband hoards them! I like the addition of the dill, so your version does look like a winner. Delicious post!