Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A 20 Minute Meal: Tilapia in Browned Butter with Dill and Mushrooms

We are all looking for more quick and healthy weeknight meals.  If you read this blog, you know that my "butter sauce" often consists of a combination of healthy olive oil and just a little bit of real butter for flavor.  Tonight's recipe is no exception.

AND, it can be prepared in less than 20 minutes.


Tilapia in Browned Butter
with Dill and Mushrooms

You will need - 

4 - 4 ounce Tilapia Fillets
Old Bay® Seasoning, to taste
Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
2 teaspoons Dill Weed
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
2 tablespoons Butter
1 cup sliced Button Mushroom
3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
Sliced Lemon for garnish
Fresh Parsley for garnish


Season fish with Old Bay®, salt and pepper.  Rub dill weed on both sides of fish.

Heat medium size skillet.  Add olive oil, 1/2 of the butter and mushrooms.  Cook mushrooms until slightly browned.  Remove from pan.

Add the rest of the butter.  Let it melt off the heat so that it gets a little browned but not burned. 




Add fish.  Cook on one side for two minutes.  Flip.  Cook on the other side for side for two minutes.

Add mushrooms back to pan along with the lemon juice.  Cook for one more minute.




Serve immediately with fresh steamed broccoli.

Garnish with lemon slices and parsley.




5 comments:

Christine's Pantry said...

Great meal for after work.

Elpiniki said...

A greak quick easy and tasteful meal!
I just found your blog and I loved it! Am a happy follower now! Visit me at:
my-greek-cooking.blogspot.com
Hope to c u around!

Unknown said...

Elpiniki,

Thank you. Greek cooking! Yum. I am going right now to follow your blog. LOOOOVE Greek cooking!

Saucy Siciliana said...

Deliciuos! I also like your Fegato di Vitello:) I found you through my friend elpiniki's blog. I am following you from Rome, Italy!

Unknown said...

Francesca, wow, Rome! My husband was in Rome while in the Navy, but that is a place I would love to visit. Welcome. Did I get the Italian even remotely close on that liver dish? LOL. ;.) It is good. Not many people like liver, but I love it when it is prepared properly.