Monday, October 22, 2012

The Best Breaded Pork Chops



I've had a busy few weeks, so I apologize for being a little light on the posts.  And I also had a wonderful weekend celebrating with hubby and family, as I turned 50 yesterday!  I have to tell you, I don't feel a day over 49.  ;.)

I wasn't supposed to be home this evening, but my trip to the corporate office was canceled this morning.   I worked from home today.   I decided to use tonight to put up this post before I settle in with a little relaxation tea to watch our final presidential debate.

I don't belong to either political party.  I do vote, but I find the whole process to be rather ironic at times.  In honor of inflated Congressional spending and our out-of-control deficit, I decided to make pork chops tonight.  You have to be a political junkie like me to get that joke.

These chops are juicy, big and thick.  Perfect for dining in front of the television.

With no further adieu, here is tonight's recipe.  It serves 2.

Ingredients

2  bone-in  pork chops, about 1 inch thick
1 egg, beaten
1 tbs. Dijon mustard
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/2 packet Garlic and Herb Italian dressing mix
1 or 2 pinches Extra Spicy Mrs. Dash salt-free seasoning (optional)
1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
1 tbs. grated Parmesan and Romano cheese
Cooking Spray

Directions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Pat chops dry with a paper towel.

Beat egg and Dijon mustard together.

Mix the Panko with the Italian dressing mix, Mrs. Dash (if using), and the dried rosemary.



Dredge the pork chops in the flour, then the egg mixture, and the in the Panko.  Coat evenly.  Transfer to a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.  Top with grated cheese.  Bake for 25 minutes until the cheese begins to brown and the chops are cooked through. 

I recommend at least 145 degrees internal temperature for those chops, plus five minutes carryover cooking time once removed from the oven. 


Suggestion:  Top with sautéed banana peppers; fresh sliced and bottled. 


No comments: