|Zesty Broccoli and Tomatoes|
This recipe can certainly double as a vegetarian meal. Simply prepare a little pasta, top with this roasted mixture and drizzle with a little extra olive oil before you serve.
Note: I add the garlic during the last ten minutes so that it doesn't burn.
- 1/2 pound broccoli florets
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, washed but left whole
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 or two shakes crushed red pepper
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers, washed and drained
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Add broccoli and tomatoes to a baking sheet.
Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and crushed red pepper together. Drizzle over broccoli and tomatoes. Toss well.
Bake for ten minutes.
Add garlic, capers and cheese. Drizzle with a little extra olive oil.
Bake for ten more minutes until cheese just begins to brown.
If the cheese isn't brown enough for you, turn on broiler for two minutes at the end of the cooking process.