Thursday, July 7, 2011

Traditional Greek Salad


Traditional Greek Salad

I used to live in the Tampa Bay area.  Tarpon Springs, which is in north Pinellas County, is known for fantastic Greek Food.  One of the favorites is this arranged Greek salad with potato salad.

On the fifth of July I had to make an unscheduled visit to my corporate office in Clearwater because my work laptop died.  While at the office, someone mentioned Tarpon Springs Greek food to me and it made me think of this salad. I had leftover potato salad, tons of it, from the 4th which I wanted to use up.  I also needed something quick.  So I whipped up some of my famous veal Marsala.  



Veal Marsala

http://welcometojustforcooking.blogspot.com/2011/01/five-easy-tips-for-picture-perfect.html 

Traditional Greek Salad



The Potato Salad:

2 pounds Idaho Potatoes, scrubbed clean, peeled, and cut into quarters.
2 tablespoons Yellow Mustard
1/2 cup chopped Celery
3 Green Onions, chopped
1/2 cup Canola Oil Mayonnaise
Seasoned Salt, to taste
Black Pepper, to taste
Spanish Paprika, to taste

The Greek Salad:

3 cups Romaine Lettuce, washed and torn
10 Kalamata Olives, pitted and chopped
1/3 cup crumbled Feta Cheese (good quality, packed in water)
1/2 sliced Cucumber
1 large Tomato, diced
Greek Peppers (optional)

The Dressing:

3 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
1/8 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Juice of one medium Lemon
1 tablespoon Dried Oregano
Sea Salt, to taste
Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste

This salad also goes great with seared blacked Tuna steaks. 



Take your pick of what you want as your main dish and enjoy!

Note:  Please look at my new Florida Restaurant Review section, "MK Fav Places to Eat."

1 comment:

Tina @flourtrader said...

Whoa-it would be hard deciding between them. The greek salad is totally new to me, so I would have to go with it first-tasty and healthy. Thanks for sharing.