Saturday, April 16, 2011

Maine Lobster Garlic Butter Sauce

A lighter version of  
Lobster Sauce with Garlic and Butter

Restaurant inspired, this is a very easy sauce to make.   I have served this with lobster ravioli (store bought) for a festive company dinner, and also with healthy whole wheat linguine. 

We have new friends who have joined us on this page who are Somersizing, and a few who are on South Beach.  You can try this sauce over baked snapper or grilled salmon!   

If you are just watching your calories like me, the addition of cooking creme (which is only about 25 calories per tablespoon) and cutting down on the butter makes this sauce a little more figure friendly.

Maine Lobster Garlic Butter Sauce

½ cup dry White Wine
3 tablespoons Philadelphia Brand® Savory Garlic Cooking Creme 
½ stick cold Butter, cut into tablespoon pieces
7 oz Fully Cooked Maine Lobster meat (find it in your store’s freezer section)
2 sprigs fresh Thyme, leaves stripped from stems
Fresh Chives, for garnish
Grated Parmesan Cheese for passing at the table

In a medium saucepan, add wine and cooking creme.  Bring to boil and reduce to simmer, about three minutes.  Add butter one piece at a time, adding the next before the last one is fully melted.  

Add lobster and thyme.  Lower heat to the very lowest setting and just warm through for about a minute or two.

Pour over cooked pasta.  Garnish with fresh chives and Parmesan cheese



A lobster dinner for 4 - about 20 bucks!
Pictured with Lobster Ravioli

Note:   Frozen lobster is more affordable!


Try this light Spring Salad

I like to serve any dish that I whip up using this sauce with a side salad of marinated artichoke heart (quartered), heart of palm (sliced and halved) and blanched asparagus (chopped).  Sometimes I pour this over a bed of green leaf lettuce. 

The dressing is simply the juice of one large lemon, 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1/8 teaspoon anchovy paste, a drizzle of honey, vegetable seasoning and black pepper to taste.


11 comments:

Kate said...

Lobster Ravioli is my absolute favorite pasta dish! Yours looks so creamy and rich and fabulous! I have a question for you. Where do you get your lump lobster meat? Do you buy lobster tails and hand pick all of the meat? I haven't been able to find anywhere that sells lump lobster meat....

Unknown said...

Thank you. Sweetbay or Hannaford stores and BJs both sell it frozen but I have done the other. This is the first I have used the frozen and it was great. Do you have those stores in your area?

Unknown said...

Here is a recent blog where I steamed the lobster tails. http://welcometojustforcooking.blogspot.com/2011/02/valentines-day-do-over.html

Michelle @the domestic mama and the village cook said...

OOO! This looks good, I have a bunch od cooking creme to use, too! Are you a member of RWOP? You should submit this to them! :)

Unknown said...

Oh, thank you. What is RWOP?

Unknown said...

I figured it out. Real Women of Philly.

Rebecka said...

This is a wonderful recipe Mary Kay! Gotta love the savory garlic cooking creme...it's my favorite!! I'm your newest follower♥

Unknown said...

Welcome, Rebecka! ;.) Yes, I like all the cooking creme flavors but the savory garlic is my favorite.

Unknown said...

If you like this cooking creme, also see my post -

http://welcometojustforcooking.blogspot.com/2011/03/savory-spinach-sides.html

Coleen McCrea Katz said...

Hi! I am an RWOP original and I like your blog! Your recipes are great!!! Here is a link to my blog.

http://craftyandcookingmomma.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Welcome, Coleen. I am following your blog, too. All those wonderful crafts!