Friday, April 22, 2011

Caribbean Red Snapper in Key Lime Butter



Caribbean Red Snapper
in Key Lime Butter

What is a key lime?   According to Wikipedia, the Key Lime, or (Citrus aurantifolia) “…is smaller, seedier, has a higher acidity, a stronger aroma, and a thinner rind than that of the Persian lime.”  He looks pretty cool wearing his “Foster Grants”, too.




This dish is so easy, you don’t even have to know how to cook to make it.  I line my grill with heavy duty foil sprayed with cooking spray for the grill.  It keeps your grill clean and “grill-bakes” this fish to perfection!

Serves Two

Snapper
1 – ¾ lb. Red Snapper Filet (wild caught) – with skin on
1 teaspoon Olive Oil
½ teaspoon Blackened Seasoning for Fish
¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
Butter Flavored Cooking Spray

Cooking Spray for Grill

Key Lime Butter
3 tablespoons Butter
Juice of two Key Limes*
1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
½ teaspoon freshly chopped Chives

*If you cannot find Key Limes, you can substitute two tablespoons of Persian Lime juice.

Place foil sprayed with cooking spray on grill.  Preheat Grill to 400°. 

Brush snapper with oil.  Season with blackened seasoning and garlic powder.  Spray with butter flavored cooking spray.  Grill for 15 – 20 minutes, until fish flakes. 

Note:  I like to cook the fish with the grill lid up for the first five, down for five, up for ten.  This seems to work on my grill but adjust for yours accordingly.

Combine all ingredients for butter mixture in microwave safe bowl.  Microwave on high for 20 seconds.  Stir in chopped chives.  Pour over fish.



Serving suggestion.  This is my cousin, Michelle’s favorite side dish;  Zucchini with Butter and Dill.  I used the Key Lime Butter.  

Here is my cousin Michelle’s new favorite “dish.”  Her name is Alyssa. 

Alyssa... our newest foodie... shhhh....

2 comments:

Christine's Pantry said...

Hi,

I love fish, so this will be perfect for me. Thanks for sharing. I like the picture of Alyssa. Welcome to the food world, Alyssa.

Christine

Susie MacIntosh said...

Sometimes Simple is The Most Delicious! I will definitely be putting this in my file to Make!! Love it!
Thank you for the Inspiration, too!