Saturday, April 30, 2011

Honey Lime Dressing... or is it a Basting Sauce?


Honey Lime Dressing

I am going to share one of my favorite salad dressing recipes with you tonight.  This dressing isn’t just for lettuce.  I no longer call it a “dressing” but a sauce.

Tonight I marinated the boneless, skinless chicken breasts in 4 oz of the Braswell Key Lime Margarita Sauce*    http://welcometojustforcooking.blogspot.com/2011/04/90-miles-away-chicken-with-conch.html

I added a shot of Tequila to the marinade.  Of course I did.  ;.)

After one hour, I sprinkled the chicken with grill seasoning for steak.   I tossed the chicken on an oiled grill and cooked the chicken breasts to 175°, until the juices ran clear.  During the last five minutes, I basted the chicken with this wonderful dressing/basting sauce.  I topped it all off with crisped up corn tortilla strips sprinkled with Garlic Salt and Chili Powder.


Honey Lime Chicken
with Crispy Corn Tortilla Strips

Honey Lime Dressing/Sauce

Juice of 1 ½ Limes
2 tablespoons Honey
¼ cup Olive Oil
Sea Salt, to taste
Freshly ground Black Pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons Fresh chopped Herbs (suggest Culantro, Oregano and Chives)

Squeeze lime juice into bowl and whisk in honey. 

Slowly drizzle in oil, whisking as you go.

Add salt, pepper, and fresh herbs at the end.

*Not a paid endorsement.

2 comments:

LaDivaCucina said...

I like that you added a shot of tequila more to the sauce, my kind of girl! Great idea to use as basting sauce, the chicken looks so tasty! And I love honey and lime as dressing! Yum!

Unknown said...

Booze in food makes everything better. LOL.