Sunday, May 6, 2012

Campfire Pork Chops

I am sorry for the short posts this past week.  Still not feeling 100% up to par. 

These pork chops are so darn easy.  They stayed so darn juicy.  Okay, I didn't actually make them over a "campfire."  I used a grill. 

Campfire Pork Chops
Serves 2.

Ingredients:

2 bone in pork chops (1 inch thick)
1/2 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme
Salt and pepper, optional
Cooking spray
1 tablespoon light olive oil
2 cups sliced pepper, any color
1 cup sliced onions
1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Fresh chopped chives and dill (optional but suggested)


Season pork chops on both sides with the Cajun Seasoning, onion powder and thyme.   Salt and pepper are optional.   I added a little here only a pinch.

Spray a cast iron skillet with cooking spray.  Heat on the side burner of your grill. Once hot, add the pork chops.  Cook on one side until slightly browned, about four minutes.  Turn and cook for one or two more minutes.   Toss the pork chops on the grill and continue to cook for another three or four minutes on each side (turn on grill only once).

In the same skillet, add the oil, peppers and onions.   Saute for for or five minutes until softened to your liking.  Add in Worcestershire sauce





Top chops with the peppers and the onions.  If using, top with chives and dill (to taste) before serving.

I like to serve these with potatoes done in foil packets on the grill.  Yummy!


Before I sign off:


My friend Tess at http://www.slowcookingkitchen.com/  nominated me for a couple of awards.  Thank you, Tess.

For the Sunshine award I'm supposed to answer the questions below and pass it on to 10 other bloggers and for the Kreativ blogger I need to post one random fact about myself.  Over the next couple of weeks, I will randomly pass on the love along to fellow bloggers as I see posts which inspire me.  Let me tell you, I love reading my fellow bloggers' posts.  You often inspire me to be a better blogger.


1. Favorite Color- Blue

2. Favorite Animal- Dog

3. Favorite Number- 7

4. Favorite non-alcoholic drink- Mint iced tea

5. Prefer Facebook or Twitter- Facebook

6. My Passion(s)- Family, my dog, cooking and screenwriting (comedy), and helping people become the best that they can be as a professional development trainer

7. Prefer getting or giving presents- I prefer to give

8. Favorite Pattern- Floral

9. Favorite day of the week- Saturday

10. Favorite Flower- Red rose

*Random Fact About Me ... I talk to myself and I often answer, too.  LOL.  ;.)

3 comments:

TinaRBK said...

Congrats on the award! I think the award makes for the perfect thumbs up from a fellow blogger.
Your chops do look tasty. This is a unique blend of seasonings, it does inspire. Also, I like the peppers on top, which round out the entree. We do like chops and I sure this would be a welcome site at the dinner table. Delicious post! Hope you are enjoying the weekend!

TinaRBK said...

Congrats on the award, like a big thumbs up from your fellow blogger-which is always nice. Your chops look amazing, I really am intrigued with the spices used. Also, the peppers on top do round it out more. Well done. I hope you are enjoying the weekend!

Jessica | Cajunlicious said...

These look amazing Mary Kay!