Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Perfect Cajun Rotisserie Chicken

Perfect Cajun Rotisserie Chicken

I own one of those counter-top rotisserie ovens.  I love it, but I don't use it nearly often enough.  If you don't own one, you can still make this as a roasted chicken in a 400 degree oven on a rack.  You can also make this on a bbq spit.  No matter how you make it, it's sure to become one of your favorite "go to" chicken recipes.

Ingredients:

1 - 5 1/2 ounce Organic Chicken, cleaned
1 teaspoon Course Sea Salt
1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper 
1/2 Lemon, halved
2 Fresh Oregano Sprigs
2-3 sprigs Fresh Thyme
2 tablespoons Cajun Seasoning
1 tablespoon dried Thyme
1/4 cup Canola Oil
2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar

After cleaning the chicken and removing the gizzard, rub cavity with salt and pepper. Tuck lemon, fresh oregano and fresh time inside. You can truss or not truss. 

Note: I do a lazy-person's truss and wrap it up if I'm using the rotisserie. Probably not technically correct, but it works. You can also use a metal skewer to keep the cavity closed.




Add Cajun Seasoning, dried Thyme, oil and vinegar to a large mixing bowl and toss. Add Chicken and turn until it is coated with the mixture. 

On the rotisserie, the chicken needs to cook for about 15 minutes per pound. 

Adjust cooking time for oven until juices run clear.


This chicken works great for leftovers.  I promise this winter I will give you my lemon chicken soup recipe!  It's good and good for you!  Having the leftover chicken to make this soup came in handy this week, as both the hubby and I were under the weather.  The soup fixed me right up!


5 comments:

janet@cupcakestocaviar said...

I love Rotisserie Chicken. Now I just need to get a Rotisserie so I can make this at home and stop drooling over your photo!

Christine's Pantry said...

Love rotisserie chicken. I don't have a rotisserie, so I go to the store and buy my rotisserie. I could ask for a rotisserie for Christmas. Thanks!

TinaRBK said...

I am ashamed to admit that our rotisserie is in the attic. Wouldn't it be nice if all my pans and gadgets actually fit in the kitchen! Well, I can dream...
Anyhow, I do like rotisserie chicken and now I will be getting that gadget down from the attic. Your picture is inspiring.

Unknown said...

Thank you all so much. Tina, I know what you mean. We collect so many cooking gadgets over the years, the kitchen begins to look cluttered. I'll tell you, this gadget has lasted over 12 years. It was worth the investment.

Dawnie @ The Coach's Wife's Kitchen said...

This looks so delicious!