Saturday, May 14, 2011

Santa Fe B.E.L.T. (Bacon, Egg, Lettuce and Tomato) Pasta

Oh my gosh.  This is one of our favorites.  I just made this dish tonight.  I wasn't going to blog as I am watching American Idol, but with Dan's urging, I got out the family laptop. He said I had to share it with you.  


Santa Fe B.E.L.T. Pasta

This week it is all about economical - and healthy -  meals.   You could feed an army with this one.  I made the recipe for two.  You can double, triple, or quadruple it as needed.

You know how I love the Philadelphia Cooking Crème.*  It adds tons of flavor but not a lot of calories.  I used the Santa Fe Blend in this dish. 


Philly Cooking Creme adds flavor
but not the calories!

Other than the salt I added to the pasta water, I didn’t add any additional salt or pepper to this recipe.  I DO NOT use the bacon grease.   This dish only looks decadent!

Santa Fe B.E.L.T.  Pasta
4 ounces Whole Grain Thin Spaghetti
2 tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
2 slices of Thick Sliced Bacon, cut into strips
½ pint Grape Tomatoes, halved
3 ounces Baby Spinach, washed and stemmed
1 ladle Starchy Pasta Water
5 ounces Philadelphia Brand® Cooking Crème – Santa Fe Blend
¼ cup dry White Wine or Low Sodium Chicken Broth
1 – 2 ounces shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
1 large Hard Boiled Egg, diced
Chopped Fresh Chives, to taste
Dash or two of Spanish Paprika, to taste (optional)

Cook pasta one minute under package directions.

Add one tablespoon of oil to large non stick skillet.  Add bacon.  Cook until crispy. 




Transfer bacon to bowel.   Carefully dump out bacon grease. 

Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil to pan.  Return to heat. 




Add grape tomatoes, the pasta, and half of the spinach.  Add cooking water to wilt spinach.  Toss mixture in pan. 

Add in cooking crème, wine, and the rest of the spinach.  Toss well until everything is coated with the crème.  Transfer pasta to bowel. 


Santa Fe B.E.L.T. Pasta, topped and ready to eat!
Top with bacon, cheese, hard boiled egg, chive and paprika.  Serve immediately.

*Not a paid endorsement and no product was supplied to blogger. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mary Kay, this was an absolutely beautiful post! Screams Spring! Great Job!

Jen at The Three Little Piglets said...

Just popping over from Foodbuzz to say hi! I bought some of that new Philadelphia Creeam to try it out and it's still sitting in my fridge waiting on me. What great idea!

Unknown said...

Why, thank you, Jen, and welcome to my page. ;.)