Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Grilled Chicken Umami



Well, as you can probably tell from my lack of web presence lately, the day job has kept me busy.  But now that the days are getting longer, I can get more accomplished.  And that means more healthy recipes will soon be coming your way very soon.

The warmer weather down here in Florida means that I dusted off the grill this weekend.  Although I know a few of you in the Tundra that is the North East must be throwing something at your computer screen right now.  Cheer up - when it's 106 in the shade down here in a few months, we will be envious of you. 

I love grilling as it's such a healthy alternative to sautéing. And I love this dish; deliciously lightly marinated grilled boneless skinless chicken breasts in a light Asian-style marinade and served with a Garlic-Ginger Wine Sauce.  Yum!

I roasted a few potatoes that I rolled in Wasabi paste, black sesame and a little canola oil, and I grilled, yes grilled up broccoli to go along side.  The broccoli was spicy. I sprinkled it with chili oil b before grilling, and then I finished it with a little lemon pepper seasoning.  You can microwave the broccoli for a few minutes before or after grilling (with a tablespoon of water) if you would like it to be more tender. 

I used a semi-dry Florida Chablis (made from Muscadine varietals) to make my dish.  But you can also substitute Riesling.

Since I know that I just made you hungry, I won't waste any more time yapping. 

Here you go!

Oh, and the WW Points Value:  6  (entrée only)

Ingredients: 

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 7 ounces each

For the Marinade:

2 tbs. canola oil
1 tbs. salt free onion and herb seasoning (I used Mrs. Dash)*
1/2 tbs. lime juice (fresh)
1 tbs. reduced sodium Tamari (I used Gluten Free)

For the sauce:

1/4 cup Florida Chablis
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tbs. grated fresh ginger root
1 packet reduced sodium concentrated chicken broth (about 1 tbs.)
2 tsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tsp. lemon juice (fresh)
1/2 tbs. cold butter

Cooking spray for grill.

Directions:

Cut chicken breasts lengthwise into four tenderloins.   Place the chicken into a glass dish. 

Mix the canola oil, the salt free seasoning, lime juice and Tamari into a bowl.  Whisk vigorously until combined.

Pour over chicken breasts.  Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for one hour. 

Remove from refrigerator and let come to room temperature.

Spray grill with cooking spray.

Preheat grill to 400 degrees F.

Add the chicken to the grill and cook for about 5 minutes each side, until the juices run clear.

On the side burner, add the wine, reduce by half; about five minutes over medium heat. 

Add the garlic, the ginger, concentrated chicken broth, soy sauce and lemon juice. 

Add the butter at the end.

Once the butter melts and the sauce thickens, you are ready to serve (about 4 minutes).




I know you will make this over and over again.  Enjoy and I'll see you soon!



No comments: