Saturday, August 11, 2012

Cilantro Potato Crisps




I will be posting the final post of my summer series this coming week.  Since the focus is going to be on Delaware/Maryland, you can bet that it's going to be all about crab. 

It's getting to be that "back to school" time.  I know we are all looking for quick and easy recipes as well as side dishes.  This side dish is fantastically delicious and so easy to make.

Here we have baked potato crisps, seasoned simply, and then tossed with olive oil and cilantro.  Yum!

With no further adieu, here we go:

Serves 4

Ingredients:

Two large russet potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into rounds
Olive oil cooking spray
2 tablespoons chicken seasoning for the grill (I used Weber Canadian)
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro


Directions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Coat potatoes liberally with cooking spray and toss with the grill seasoning. 

Spray a cookie sheet with more of the cooking spray.  Place potatoes on the baking pan in a single layer. 

Bake for about twenty minutes, turning once.  Potatoes should be crispy on the outside, but still moist on the inside.  You might need to adjust the baking time for your oven.

Remove potatoes from oven.  Toss with olive oil and the cilantro.  Plate and serve immediately.

You're going to want to put these into your regular weekly meal rotation.

I'll see you soon!

3 comments:

Christine's Pantry said...

It would be nice to be snacking on these potato crisps... they sound and look good.

Lillian (My Recipe Journey) said...

I love unique potato recipes! I've posted a few myself! I can't wait to see you crab recipes! I'm going to Maryland and Delaware in May...any advice on places to eat or things to do?

Unknown said...

So sorry I didn't see your question. I have not been to Maryland in years, as you probably saw in that post. But I hope you have a good time next year.