Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Amazing Asiago Potato Wedges

I usually post side dishes as an afterthought.  But these deserved their own showcase.  Simple, easy, and so very good. 

Asiago is an Italian cow's milk cheese.  I love it on pasta or on salad.  I also put it on my fantastic white pizza the other night.   In case you missed this post, check it out:

http://welcometojustforcooking.blogspot.com/2011/09/garlic-and-herb-pizza-topped-with-sweet.html

I decided to try something different.  Wow, did this turn out great.  This is a fantastic steakhouse side dish.




Serves 4
Prep Time:  5 Minutes
Cook Time:  30 Minutes

Ingredients:

2 Baker Potatoes, sliced into eight wedges
1/8 cup Olive Oil
1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
1/2 tablespoon Garlic Salt
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
2/3 cup Shredded Asiago Cheese





Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Place baking rack on top of cookie sheet. 

Add potatoes, olive oil, Italian seasoning and garlic salt to a plastic bag.  Coat potato wedges with mixture by shaking and moving the sealed bag.

Remove wedges from bag.  Smear each potato with an equal amount of the mayonnaise.  Coat with the Asiago cheese.

Bake for 30 minutes.

If you like this post, you might also enjoy: 

http://welcometojustforcooking.blogspot.com/2011/09/15-minute-steakhouse-side.html

4 comments:

Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny said...

What a great recipe, these look delicious! I love how you topped them with cheese! :)

janet@cupcakestocaviar said...

These look great! I make wedges often and have sprinkled cheddar on them before but never Asiago. I will now though! :-)

Judy said...

OK, I think these are my favorite thing EVER!!! YUM.

Anonymous said...

Fries plus extra goodness!