Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Filet Gorgonzola

Filet Gorgonzola

Yes, I have been away.  Tonight is going to be all about steak…

Dan and I had some much deserved time away on Clearwater Beach.  Between my surgery and all of the family and household issues we’ve been dealing with this year, we REALLY needed it.  Jimmy Buffet had nothing on us these last five days.  We were beach bums and Parrot/Rum Heads and we loved every minute of it.

Back to reality…  I am starting a new tab on my page called MK’s Fav Places to Eat.  My first review is of the Clearwater, FL seafood restaurant Backwater.  They did not know they were being reviewed when they gave us excellent food and service.  So be sure to check out my review and if you’re in the area, you will want to go there!

Now on to the filet…

We ate so much seafood over the last few days, I wanted to return to my “carnivorous habits.” 

This recipe is for two, but you can adjust it accordingly.

2 – 6 oz. Filets
1 ½ tablespoon Grill Seasoning for Steak
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 oz. Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese
1 tablespoon KRAFT Philadelphia® Savory Garlic Cooking Crème*
2 teaspoon fresh chopped Chives
Fresh Chopped Parsley, for Garnish

Other:  Cooking Spray for Grill

Rub filets with grill seasoning and olive oil.



Mix together cheese, cooking cream and chopped chives.  Mash mixture until smooth.  Bring to room temp while grilling steaks.



Spray grill with cooking spray.   Preheat grill to 450 degrees.

You will also need to preheat tin foil on the hot grill while cooking, sprayed with the cooking spray.

Grill steaks for over medium high heat for five minutes, or until seared on one side.  Turn.  Grill to desired temperature. 

Note:  I like to pull these steaks at 140 degrees when I make this dish, as I like my steak medium rare.  Carryover cooking time is important when cooking steak.  Always pull you streaks just under done.  Adjust cooking time accordingly for your grill and taste.

When your steak reaches your desired “underdone” temp, move the steak to tin foil that has been preheated on the hot grill.  Add half of the cheese mixture.  Close the lid and let the cheese melt for 1 – 2 minutes.



Serving Suggestion:  Serve with “Grill-fried” Potatoes.  Season red potato slices with seasoned salt and pepper.  Add to a tin foil pan spayed with cooking spray and toss in two tablespoons of Olive Oil.  Grill as much as you want.  If you like them really brown, keep grilling.  

*Not a paid endorsement and no product was given to blogger.

Filet Gorgonzola with Grilled Potato


No comments: