Thursday, July 3, 2014

Re-post: Easy Pub BBQ Sauce

Easy Pub BBQ Sauce on a Grilled Pork Chop
Great on Chicken, too!

Is "re-post" a word?  Probably not, but you know what I mean.  This is a recipe I've posted before.

I've been busy, busy, busy; so I'll make this post short and sweet - or should say savory?
 
Just in time for the 4th of July, a re-post of one of my reader-favorite BBQ sauce recipes.  This one is so easy, you'll never buy store-bought sauce again.  All you need are items from your pantry. 
 
Mix it up and use apple cider (hard or non-alcoholic) instead of the Irish ale.
 
I hope you have a great (and safe) 4th of July weekend. 
 
Ingredients: 

Makes 6 servings

1/4 cup ketchup
2 tbs. yellow mustard
2 tbs. Heinz 57 ® Steak Sauce
1/4 cup honey
1 cup Irish Red Ale
1/2 tbs. onion powder
1 tbs. Worcestershire Sauce
1 tbs. apple cider vinegar

Directions:

Combine all ingredients into a sauce pan.  Bring to boil and reduce to simmer, about two hours over low heat, uncovered, until sauce is thickened to your liking.  Whisk occasionally.


No comments: