Thursday, May 16, 2013

Easy Pub BBQ Sauce



Center Cut Pork Chop
Basted with My Easy Pub BBQ Sauce. 

Summer is almost here.  That means for those of you up north, you are likely cleaning the grill and getting it ready to go for Memorial Day.  For those of us down south, if you are like me, you grill pretty much all year round.

Tonight I have a little advice for you -- Don't EVER buy barbecue sauce.  No, I have nothing personal against Jack Daniels, or any other sauce maker for that matter.  There are plenty of excellent BBQ sauces on the market.  Yes, I do buy salad dressing and steak sauce from time to time.  But homemade BBQ sauce is just so darn easy to make.  And I am about to show you that. 

My point is -- You've probably invested enough in the other condiments in your refrigerator that it will take to make this recipe -- the sauce manufacturers will forgive you.  Homemade BBQ sauce is so much more delicious. 

BTW-  I recently found out that I love red ale.  I am working my way down the list at World or Beer... slowly but surely, with hubby Dan's help.   We are actually in the 100 club now, but I like this picture of us better. 




"Vanity, you are a food blogger."

But back to why we are here!

Here's all you need to do:

Ingredients: 

Makes 6 servings

1/4 cup ketchup
2 tbs. yellow mustard
2 tbs. Heinz 57 ® Steak Sauce
1/4 cup honey
1 cup Irish Red Ale
1/2 tbs. onion powder
1 tbs. Worcestershire Sauce
1 tbs. apple cider vinegar

Directions:

Combine all ingredients into a sauce pan.  Bring to boil and reduce to simmer, about two hours over low heat, uncovered, until sauce is thickened to your liking.  Whisk occasionally.






Note the color change as the sauce reduces and thickens.

Told you it was easy, but you didn't believe me, did you?  You were a skeptic.  Come on... be honest with MK.

See you soon!

If you like this post, you might also like:

http://mksfabfood.blogspot.com/2012/07/tribute-to-13-colonies-parts-vii-viii.html